Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Wolffy, Dec 19, 2017.
Bring an umbrella.
We get wet
You stay home. It will not be worth it.
Any one have pics from Raliegh 2015 match.
Already put in my order on Amazon
I still have the muck boots I bought at Walmart from that match.
Isn't the range all gravel/stone?
I still have muck in my boots from that match
Cggr is. SWGC wasn’t
Oops. meant to quote @Mike Overlay
Hopefully it's out of the area pretty quickly. You can probably still see the stage shooting areas on the rifle ranges at Sir Walter from the 1,000 year rain event in 2015.
rained for 10 days straight before that match.
Its not too late to overnight some waterproof targets from Norway
It wouldnt be a major event unless there was rain
Official statement just in. It’s on like Donkey Kong.
My favorite part was at 2:27 where I wiped my hands off on my pants before drawing my gun:
And this was on staff day. Things got even worse as the weekend progressed.
Have they put stone down in bay 7?
Throwback from 2017
Over/under on Friday getting rained out
Nope. The way it looks, I bet more than just Friday.
The winds will probably play hell on the stages and more than chrono gets tossed.
I wont be driving the crown vicky. Taking 4 wheel drive truck with chain saw in the floor board
Don't mind shooting in the rain and wind...but riding up from Cola Friday after lunch is going to he hairy. Plus if it stalls over central NC roads are going to be fun...
Already lived through one 1k year flood not sure if I want to do that again.
I'm not on an email list or Facebook group, if there is important information about the match released could someone post it, please?
Here you go bud
"2018 Carolina Classic Sponsored by The Blue Bullets
Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen,
As many of you know we have a significant storm headed our way and we have made some decisions concerning the storm.
We are monitoring the weather hourly and this email shares our thoughts with you. The weather we've
been following has the worst part of the storm moving thru from 2am Friday until 2am Saturday then the
wind will die down.
We will decide by Wed. at 7pm which direction to take based on the storm track.
We will be adjusting some stages as well for weather!!!! Chrono is gone.
We planned to make this a paperless match but now we are working on a paper backup of some kind.
We also may do some kind of registration out of the hotel on Friday as well, it will be announced on Wednesday's email.
This plan is for FRIDAY only shooters, all other shooters will be shooting as planned!!!
If you decide to not shoot Saturday or Sunday it will be your decision.....
Here is our plan:
A: The storm turns and we shoot the match as scheduled....
B: We cancel FRIDAY only and offer these two options only:
Option A: Refund $70 to FRIDAY only shooters.
Option B: Offer a $140 voucher for next year with a two week advanced squadding period! PRIME SQUADDING!!!
As you know on Practiscore it says "NO REFUNDS" after August 8th and we don't control the weather as well, but these options
offer a compromise and help both the Section and the Shooter!!!
You may know that putting on a Section Match of this size requires prepayment of vendors and merchandise for the event, ie; t-shirts
can't be returned, jersey's can't be returned and numerous other expenses that we have committed to in support of the event and our competitors.....
I have been involved with two Hurricane Nationals in Frostproof and we did the exact same thing as far as shooting the match and I'm
not sure if they offered any type of reimbursement at all, but I'm trying to take the high road and be as fair as possible!!!!
Staff Diner is still a go on Thursday night at CJ's, directions will be handed out Wed night! Eat at 7PM sharp.......
We have been in touch with Disaster Teams in North Carolina and they are only concerned with the east side of I-95 primarily!!!
Everyone is preparing for heavy rain!!!!
See you UPRANGE!!!!
2018 Carolina Classic Match Director
NC Section Coordinator
Awesome, thank you! @Beef15
Well...I'm east of I-95 in the 10-16 inch rain zone so this match is over for me. Hope I can still get my shirt though.
I’m not shooting this but imo whoever is continuing this match thus far is absolutely insane. I don’t think some people take this storm as serious as it is. It may be weeks before people from out of state get back home....
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bet there will be an astounding DNF/ zeros count on the score board.
They just cancelled the match
2018 Carolina Classic Sponsored by The Blue Bullets
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Marty Wood has just cancelled the 2018 Carolina Classic due to weather.
Additional details will be available in the next 30-45 days due to commitments with vendors and sponsors.
Please share wide and far.
This will be posted on the NC section Website, the Area 6 Facebook page and emails sent to all staff and shooters later this evening.
We are rapidly preparing everything to leave so it may be late this evening when we get the emails out.
Your help in spreading the news is greatly appreciated.
Beat me to it
Sucks, but definitely the right move.
Yes it is. I was ready to forfeit my Sat afternoon slot.
The 30-45 day wait on additional details? Is there a thought to having it in Nov/Dec?
Same mine was Saturday morning...driving up Friday afternoon.
Probably. I bet December
I'm down for a cool weather Sectional for sure!
We shot RPS in the snow last year in December
I dont do cold, but looks like there’s no other choice
Is the match back on now?
Staff would of had a beautiful day to shoot.
Out of curiosity, anyone know how the range is holding up? Based on rainfall rates I would expect that area to be underwater.
Email will be sent out tonight. Make sure you read the whole email and respond.
Separate names with a comma.